Week before last, Brooks ran an unexplained fever for 5 days. It started on Tuesday at about 102.2 and gradually crept up from there. By Thursday afternoon, after a trip to the doctor with no explanation, he was running 103.9. The only other symptom that he had was that he did not want to eat but for any one who knows Brooks that tends to be an every other week thing. Friday afternoon I decided that I was not wanting to get into the weekend without trying to figure out what it was so back to the doctor we went. By the time I had called, the next appointment was 4:30 so we headed out. When we left the house his temperature was 102.3 and therefore I gave him Tylenol. At the doctor's office, about an hour later and on Tylenol, it was 103.3. I was so thankful and frustrated that he had that high of a fever again. I was beginning to think that they office thought I was crazy but Brooks helped prove me right. The on call doctor is who saw us and she decided to go ahead an ran the gamete of tests starting with strep. That was negative and so was the flu and here came the more invasive tests, urine culture and blood work. I worked with babies but to stick a catheter in your own baby is not something you wish to ever have to be a part of. After we tortured him with that it was a needle in hand for some blood work. We were all sweating by time we were finished and it took 4 of us to hold him down. The doctor called me the next morning and everything was negative. She thought maybe it was Roseola and if it was he would have rash after the fever went away. I waited all weekend for the rash and no such thing appeared. Who knows what my child had but all I know is that he is all better and back to his cantankerous, sweat, lovable self.
1 comment:
This is soooo weird!!! Cru had the same thing last week. They did a strept and flu test but we did not do the whole batch of tests because the fever finally broke by friday! He also did not have any other symptoms! The strangest thing! Anyways, I am glad he is better!
Post a Comment