Thursday, February 17, 2011

Briggs is 18 months

I cannot believe that time has gone so fast... Briggs is already one and half years old!! He is becoming such the little boy. He is doing well eating and drinking. He eats more than Brooks did at this age and even sometimes more than Brooks does now. He loves vegetables which is completely opposite of Brooks. Briggs will pretty much eat anything we give him. With all of that being said, he is still a very skinny, tall boy. He weighed 21 lbs and 1 oz (3%) and is 33 inches tall (75%). Dr. Hunt is not concerned at all and neither am I. He has stayed right along his curve and this boy can eat!! Briggs and Brooks are beginning to play more together which in turn also means fight more. I think they are playing very age appropriate for each one of them but their type of play just really doesn't conducive to the other. For example, Brooks is starting to have an imagination and wanting to build "little cities" with cars and car ramps and Briggs is wanting to know them over. Does not work out so well. For the most part they enjoy playing together but we are constantly reminding both of them to play nice, not hit, not scream and so on and so forth. This too shall pass... and we cannot wait!! :) I know that you are not suppose to compare children but if I had (which I have not) read a book about birth order I think they would both fit pretty typically into their correct order. Brooks, for the most part, is my well-behaved, well-mannered, big brother. Briggs on the hand is my "Eddie Haskell". That is all I really need to say. He is the little charmer with a bad attitude. We love them both more than words can say but they challenge us on a hourly if minute basis. We love watching them play nicely together and try to encourage them when they do so an try to teach them the right way when they are choosing to argue.

No comments: