Monday, November 17, 2008

Outside Christmas Lights

This is the early stages of planning. We had to separate them into stacks depending on which way the white clip was on.

Saturday, the coldest and windiest day this year so far, Frankie and I decided to put up our Christmas lights. Brooks was taking a nap and I knew that we only had a short while to get them up. We worked hard, fast and smart to get all the lights up in a way that we were sure not to blow a fuse. I actually numbered all the strands of lights as we put them up and drew myself a a diagram for next year. Hopefully we won't be in this house next year but just in case. We won't have to think about it next year. They will just go up. I know that may seem like a lot of work but we leave the white hooks on them and it matters which way we put the lights up as to how the white things are one there. (If that makes any sense at all.) Frankie hates getting on the roof and I think as we get older it gets more difficult. Frankie already has a bad knee but by the time he gets off the roof his entire leg is shaking from trying to hold himself on the roof with his legs. Needless to say, Brooks took a really long nap and we were able to get them all up. They are not on yet but will be soon. Frankie is out of town this weekend and so we need to get them up before Thanksgiving weekend so we can turn them on then.

3 comments:

Lisa and Ryan said...

Looks like fun. We are having someone come out today to give us an estimate for eve plugs. Do you have those? Ryan thinks it will make things much safer and easier, which I am sure it will. Always a chore putting up the lights!

Paige said...

Your house looks so cute! That was the brick we had on our old house.

the tatsaks said...

I say turn them on now!!!