I don't think that I have any pictures to go along with this post because I forgot my camera at home when we went to the doctor. Friday was Brooks 18 month check up and he is starting to get more comfortable with the nurse and Dr. Hunt. I love them both and am so glad that I switched doctors. He is still my tall skinny minny which I didn't think had changed. He weighs 24 lbs 2 oz (27-28%), is 34 inches tall (90%) and of course his head is still in the 90% too. Who would have thought that we would have had such a tall skinny child. He is doing great as far as milestones. Brooks has a multi-word vocabulary with more more words being understood by me and Frankie than by most. He is still taking two naps most the days and I am sure we are on the downhill side of that one. Brooks had started eating better. I can honestly say that I never thought about having a picky child when I thought about what my children would be like. It is very frustrating at times. Last time Brooks had a high fever for several days the doctors decided to go ahead and draw blood to check for an infection. His hemoglobin was low and in human terms that means that he was anemic. That was about 6 weeks ago and at his 18 month appointment we drew more blood and his hemoglobin/anemia was back in the normal range. He has been taking a Flintstone vitamin with iron since we got the results several weeks ago. He only received one shot and it was the Dtap and Hib combined. This was the first time that he has ever had a reaction to a shot. He got a red ring that looked like a rash around the injection site. It went away after 2 days. I think that everything else is going well. I am hoping to the get rid of his allergy in the next couple of weeks but I will have to explain that later.
2 comments:
That is nice that he is still taking 2 naps a day!! Sounds like he is doing great- he'll be 2 before you know it!!
I am glad he is feeling better. He is a tall skinny minny!!! How are you feeling?
Post a Comment