Sunday, February 8, 2009

A new addition to our family

Hopefully this will explain why I had Brooks in a BLUE t-shirt on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day! I really do believe in Christmas!!
The sonogram was done on Friday February 6 at Dr. Tabor's, a specialists for maternal-fetal obstetrics. I was having a new screening that is done in the first trimester for down syndrome. The only reason that we decided to go ahead with it is because our insurance covers it completely and my thought behind testing during pregnancy is the more you know the better you can be prepared. Delivering a baby is surprise and shock enough for me.

I thought that maybe it was about time that I write this post. We are expecting a new little baby in August. I am just a little over 12 weeks and decided that I had waited long enough. We are very excited and nervous about having another little one around here but cannot wait to the bond that Brooks and the new baby have as they grow up together.




11 comments:

The Mulkey Family said...

I have been waiting for this post...I have known for a while but was not sure if you wanted alot of people to know...CONGRATS!!! We are so happy to hear your wonderful news and I can't wait to hear if Brooks will have a little brother or sister!!

Cara said...

WOW!!! Congrats!!!! Everyone around me is having more babies!!! I feel left out! I am not going to start trying for another year though. I am so happy for you guys!

Megan said...

He/She is so cute! You're right it's crazy how much like a baby they look at only 12 weeks.

Paige said...

What great news! I hope you are feeling well and I am so excited for yall! I am nervous too, I don't like the unknown. Maybe I will have some tips for you since my baby comes in may.

Lisa and Ryan said...

Congrats!!! We are excited for you!!

Ashley said...

Congratulations Katie! I bet you guys are excited! Can't wait to see what the sex is!

Helen said...

Wow! Congratulations! I'm so excited for all of you!

Mindy said...

Congrats! What an exciting time... a new baby will be so much fun!

Joshjohnnaben said...

Wow that is sooooo exciting!! They will be so close! Congrats sweetie!!

Regina said...

CONGRATS!!! That is so exciting! Can't wait to find out what it is!!

the tatsaks said...

Congratulations!!!!! You are going to love it. Cru and Kinsley already love each other so much and it is now getting almost easier to have two because they entertain each other. I am so happy for you. I think you should do a 4-d sonogram this time though to find out the sex!