Monday, February 2, 2009

Last Week

This is Brooks' new favorite thing to do in the tub. I think that he enjoys hearing us talk while his ears are under water. This is one of the many tricks that Frankie has taught him during their tubbie time. Frankie is responsible for giving Brooks a bath on the days that I have had Noah. Not to say that is the only time but for sure those days. He has also taught him that it is fun to play when the water is running. Both of these, I would have never started but daddy knows best (at least that is what Brooks thinks)!!

The past week had been busy and fun!! Mondays are always our day to catch up on house work and tidy up after the weekend. Tuesday the weather was yucky and I had Noah that day. He had not been feeling well and so it made for an interesting, tiring and eye-opening day. I saw what life would be like with two. Kim was able to leave work early since the weather was getting worse and her sweet baby was not feeling well. Wednesday, Frankie was home with us and we went to the mall to look for Brooks new shoes. We were unsuccessful and so I planned to go back out later in the week on a shoe search. Thursday, Brooks and I stayed in and worked on the many loads of laundry and I have seemed to be putting off. Friday, we went to the mall and I was very successful. I found his shoes that I was looking for, looked at flip-flops for the summer and found me a new pair of pajama pants. I looked at Gap for spring and summer clothes but will have to go back without my sweet angel since he was not very cooperative. Shopping has become more difficult at this age since he has become very independent and opinionated. For example, while we were trying on shoes he saw balloons that I believe were for customers but even if they were not there was no way that the sales person was going to be able to tell Brooks no. He made sure of that since he was behind the counter crying and screaming for the balloon. That evening we ate at Pei Wei and I thought Brooks would do better with dinner than he did. He loves rice, pasta and chicken and that is exactly what I got for him but since he is such a picky eater we should have known. Saturday we played outside for about 2.5 hours. We went on a bike ride and watch Brooks pick up acorns from the yard and out them in his car. Sunday we to Erika's parents for the Super Bowl. We had a great time and it was pretty relaxing. Brooks was better than anticipated considering he had NO afternoon nap. After all that the week starts over again. Nothing like being old and having responsibilities to bring you back to reality.

1 comment:

Paige said...

Sounds like a nice stay at home mom week. I feel you on the shopping, Blake isn't too cooperative anymore and if I am going to try something on I have to have another adult with me to entertain her, or try it on at lightning speed.