Last Monday...
I woke up to Brooks running a 101.8 fever. I was trying to get packed to take Brooks to Nonnie and Pap's (Frankie's parents) house so I could take Briggs for his upper GI. I had a little bit of a melt and to make a very long story short I ended up taking Brooks down to Fort Worth to Frankie's parents. Brooks was acting ok but was not eating and still running a fever. I took Briggs for his appointment (I will get to those results in little bit) and headed back to pick Brooks up. I got there around 4:30 and Brooks was laying in Nonnie's arms and was running 103.8. I immediately put him in the tubbie and started my plan of action. There was no way that I could leave right now because I would I-35 traffic so we feed Briggs, I pumped and Brooks took a little cat nap. I left around 6:15 and it took me on hour and half to get back into Flower Mound. I was beyond frustrated and I had a little boy running a very high temp and an even little boy who I could not get to eat to save my life. I told everyone that I felt like I was feeding a NICU baby that was premature and did not know how to eat. I meet Frankie on the way and he took Briggs home to feed him and get him out of his car seat since he had been there all day long and I took Brooks to Acute Care Kids in Flower Mound. They saw us immediately and ran a flu test. It was negative... I thought a virus. I am so sick of viruses with no medication to help. The doctor there look in his ears and WOW double ear infections. Brooks had not had a runny nose or cough that would have tipped me off to think that he had an ear infection. I took his prescription of a 24-hour Walgreens and dropped it off and headed home to get him in bed and help Frankie feed Briggs. Again to shorten this blog post, we ended up not getting into bed until 12:30 and Brooks was in bed with us due to his high fever. It took him several days but he is fever free and in rare form. He is definitely coming into the two's and testing all of out limits.
Onto Briggs, his Upper GI showed severe reflux with 4 major and 1 minor episode of reflux in 5 minutes. We increased his Prevacid to twice a day and have been eating much better. He is still not eating the minimum that the doctor wants him to be eating but we are getting very close and are more consistent with the amount that he eats. He has the true version of silent reflux. He does not spit up or scream. He simply will not eat anymore when he is done. He will usually go three hours on the little that eats and is pretty happy the rest of the time. I would have not had known that he had reflux expect for the lack of eating and gaining weight. I guess that was his way of telling us that he was in pain and needed more medicine. I hoping for a daily improvement. I never knew how frustrating it would be to have a baby that would simply not eat but I can say that my stress level has gone down and we have become a happier family again.
Sorry Erika, I have no pictures for this post!!
Blonde Hela Filmen Sverige -720p-DAT
6 years ago
2 comments:
You poor thing!!! I have never heard of silent reflux! That is awful! Your little boys are precious!
Is it not so irritating having to deal with that commute? And we're not even the ones driving it everyday. Zach calls at like 5:30 and tells me he is coming home and then he strolls in at like 6:45, it's ridiculous. I am glad y'all are thinking about Coppell too, it really seems great, our kids could go to school together someday, fun! It was also good to hear that Kim works there and loves the schools, thanks for the comment!!
Post a Comment