Monday, February 15, 2010

Baby Food

This one's for you Erika!! As most of you already know, I am making Briggs baby food. I have four REALLY good reasons for wanting to do this. #4 It is better for him - I am not at all oppose to jarred baby food (that is what Brooks ate) but I can honestly say that I think that homemade baby food has to be a just a little tiny bit better for babies. Since we have had such a hard time with milk with Briggs I thought I would make his food. #3 It is cheaper - Frankie's parents bought Briggs and me the Beaba Babycook steamer-cooker-blender. It is amazing and makes making baby food alot simpler. It is also alot less to clean-up since you do it all in one machine. #2 Easier transition into table food - Brooks was and still kind of is a picky eater. I want Briggs to enjoy more and different types of food. I thought making his food would help with the taste aspect of it. I'm not sure if any of you tried your child's baby food but for the most part it does not taste like its equivalent. I'm not saying it tastes bad just not like what "that" table food tastes like. Kim made Noah's baby food and he will pretty much eat anything you give to him. Of course, he has gone through his stages of not liking something here and there but for the more part he is an awesome eater. #1 Erika told me there was no way that I would be able to do it with 2 kids - For all of you that know me know that I don't like it when someone tells me that I cannot do something. Thank you Erika for giving the last push that I needed to be able to make Briggs' bay food!!!

So there you have it. I am making the baby food and enjoying it. There are alot of different fruits and veggies that you cannot find in baby food and I hope to expose Briggs to them so that maybe our second year of food/milk will go smoother than the first!!!

3 comments:

Regina said...

I totally agree with you! Even thought Kelly is healthy and happy, I am going to do so many things differently with this one. And honestly there are enough soft foods that you wouldnt have to make it a huge chore every time. Just grab a banana, avacado, steamed veggie and mash it in a bowl. Done.

Lisa and Ryan said...

I think I might try it this time also- I'll be calling you for tips!

The Lewis Family said...

I 100% agree!! I've made and "mushed up" all kinds of things for the second one that I didn't do with the first. I also have the Beaba babycook and I love it! When he goes the sitter, I just send jarred food because it's easier, but at home he eats what we eat! That babycook is great because you can put whatever we have for dinner and mix it to the right texture! Good luck!