Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

This year we decided to make the trip down to Houston to be with my family. All of my mom's family was going to be there and we decided this was the year to make the trip. Frankie has to work the Wednesday before and the Friday after so this made our trip very short and sweet. We left Wednesday after the boys were bathed and ready for bed in hopes they would sleep on the way down. Needless to say Brooks never fell asleep and by the time we got to the hotel it was 11 pm. We had to unload everything, put up the pack and play and get ready for bed ourselves. Unfortunately both the boys were wide awake and not having any part of going to sleep. We all got about 3 hours of sleep and had a long day ahead of us. We went to my grandparents house for the day and enjoyed ourselves. I am glad we went to see everyone but what a LONG 24 hours. That evening, again after the boys had bathed, we got back in the car and headed home. This time they did fall asleep in the car and once we got home they were easy to put to bed. I was going to get out when the stores opened up but the thought of that made me sick so I sent out my personal shoppers the next day. Frankie and Erika both had a list of things that I needed at several stores so off they were to get my children their gifts!! I can honestly say that both of them did alot of my Christmas shopping this year!! Thank you both!!

No comments: