Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Say a Little Prayer

Brooks and Frankie and I for that matter need you all to say a little prayer for us. For any of you that don't know Brooks has not been able to tolerate milk/dairy products. He had no problem with breastmilk that he got for 12 months (and for any one that knows me know that I LOVE milk and cheese). But ever since we tried to transition him to whole milk there is no dairy products for him. No cheese, yogurt, ice cream, mac and cheese, etc. You name it and he cannot tolerate it. The only thing he throws up is milk but all the others he breaks out in red bumps around his mouth. We tried milk at 12 months and at 15 months and both times he could tolerate a little and by a little I mean like an 1/8 of a cup to his 4-8oz or Rice milk. Yes I said rice milk. That is the only and closest thing to milk that I could get him to take. Not only is it very hard to tell him no when he wants to eat a dairy product but also rice milk is very expensive!!

So with saying all that, Nicole Gambrell took her 3 year old son to an acupuncture/acupressure doctor because he was allergic to eggs. I am not going to go into alot of detail because I really don't understand the whole process. The one thing that I do know is that it is not invasive at all. Brooks has no needles and never ingests anything. I am writing this to ask you all to send some prayers this direction because I finally got up enough never to make the appointment and it is on Thursday. My biggest hesitation with this is that it is kind of expensive and Frankie is not fully on board with my decision. With that being said, I really just don't want to hear I told you so from my sweet husband who is never in competition with me to be right. My argument is I think that we would be doing our son an injustice in his future years to come if we don't try something or everything!! I guess that is the difference between a mom and dad. He see the financial side and see the... well I guess all the other sides. Frankie does want it to work he just does not believe that it will.

So Thursday at 4pm say some prayers that they can get rid of this allergy and we can move on with our lives.

4 comments:

Cara said...

I'll totally be thinking and praying for ya girl! Brooks is too cute!! Whatever happen to the Soy milk thing?? I thought thats what you guys were using?

Joshjohnnaben said...

He will be fine! You know Emily Mueller (know Kuentz) Does that and if you have any questions She would love to answer them let me know I will give you her number! I will be praying keep us posted!!

the tatsaks said...

Oh gosh... I am a little late, but I hope it went well!

Lisa and Ryan said...

How did the appointment go??