Monday, April 6, 2009

5 days or 120 hours or 7,200 minutes or 432,000 seconds

5 days or 120 hours or 7,200 minutes or 432,000 seconds... which ever way you look at it is a long time to be dealing with a very sick child. Starting last Wednesday morning at 8:00 am Brooks has had some sort of "stomach bug". We are not really sure whether it is the "24-hour" thing, rotavirus or the stomach flu but it has been awful. We have been to the doctor, ER and urgent care all in the last several days. I will not go into great detail due to disgustingness of it but I have been doing laundry for 5 days now and am finally not washing something with vomit or poo on it!! I also need a new living room rug because I cannot get the funky smell out of it. I was suppose to watch Noah today but decided not only did we not want him to get sick but I also don't think my brain or body could handle 2 kiddos. Sorry Kim!!

I think that we are finally on the up hill swing of this nasty thing and hope that you never have to deal with this "bug". He was never admitted to hospital but there was a time when I was for sure that he needed to be in the hospital with nurses and doctors monitoring him. I cannot wait for it to be warmer so we can play outside and open up the windows to this germ infested house and air it out. We have been couped up inside several days and am starting to have cabin fever.

Oh and not that we have not had enough going on but on top of all this Brooks also has an ear infection. Poor baby!! I have more things to post about but it will have to wait so I can finish with the house duties and maybe even make myself a little presentable for my sweet husband.

2 comments:

Lisa and Ryan said...

Sorry to hear that- hope he gets better soon!! I know it is so hard taking care of a sick baby and 5 days is a long time!!

the tatsaks said...

poor baby! I hate that kind of sick! It make so much work. I am glad he is feeling better!