Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First day of Mother's Day Out

As you can tell he was not too fond of taking pictures for me.




Tuesday was Brooks' first day of mother's day out and it went about how I had expected that it would. To start the morning off, I woke up late and was rushing to get him there on time. I did not want his first experience of school to be him showing up late. He did not want to let me take pictures of him and he did not want to carry his awfully cute back pack into school. When we got to his classroom, I picked him up, kissed him, told him bye and handed him to his teacher. he started screaming and I walked away. They asked us on meet the teacher night to not hang around because it makes it more difficult for everyone involved. I completely agree!! I waited until his teachers were not holding him any more and I left. He still has a pacifier, which I am hoping to get rid of during the day, and a lovie. When I picked him up he still had them both. The teachers reassured me that he had not had it all day but as parents starting picking up he wanted it again. I hope this is the truth one because that grosses me out for him to carry it around all day and second because he is 2 and needs to get rid them while he is at school. The teachers said he did good but had his moments where he cried. I am not really sure what would make him cry but that he did on and off all day. When I ask him about school he says he liked it but doesn't really have much more to say than that. We go back tomorrow and I am sure it will be about the same. The teachers said give it a couple of weeks since it is only 2 days a week for 4 hours. I hope it gets better because I want him to enjoy it (as much as I love a little break).

2 comments:

the tatsaks said...

Kinsley did the same thing and still does when it is time to change teachers (for the summer and going to the 3's). It usually lasts about a week or so. He will definitely get better once he realizes you are coming back. Congrats on the break...much deserved:)

Cara said...

Katie! Did you forget courtyard all too soon?? We were once there, remember!! Brooks is just adjusting, he is fine! I bet he only cries for a week! I am sorry that it is hard on you, though. Being a mommy is a heartbreaking job isn't it? Just know that he will soon have a blast playing with the other kiddos!