I know this post is a little late but better late than never. Briggs turned two months old about a week ago and things have changed. I can honestly say they have not gotten much better but we are hanging in there. First, his stats... He weighed 11 lbs even (40%) measures 25 inches (98%) in length and his head circumference was 15.5 inches (40%). Everything looks great except for his drop in weight. I guess not technically a drop but his percentage has fallen a bit. I was expecting this since he has been having difficulties eating. He will eat about 1.5-2 oz and will refuse to eat anymore. Sometimes he is fussy sometimes not. He is not spitting up at all. I am pretty sure most of my friends and family thought that I was crazy. But I really am not or at least about this. Yesterday we followed up on our suspicions that he has reflux with an upper GI. They took a couple pictures with a sonogram machine before he ate. Then I feed him and they watch to see how many reflux episodes he had in a 5 minute period. We got the results today and my poor. sweet, even tempered baby has severe reflux. He had 4 major and 1 minor episodes of reflux during that 5 minutes. We upped his dose of Prevacid to twice a day and I have been referred to a gastroenterologist. My questions and frustrations were answered... maybe not to my liking but at least they were answered. This has put a lot of stress on me since I was so unsure as to why he was not eating well. Hopefully we are moving in the right direction and quickly so that Briggs can start feeling better, eating better and gaining weight better!!
On a better note, he talks (cooing) to us all the time, enjoys his tummy time and had become a great baby. We are looking forward to the third month and what it holds for out sweet boys!! H
2 comments:
He is super-duper cute! Glad you found out some answers- I know that can be frustrating!
Hes turned out looking not so much like Brooks.... too cute and poor baby! I can imagine the frustrations :/
Post a Comment