I cannot believe that I am going to blog about this because it only makes me look bad. Last night I put Briggs to bed around 11 pm after eating at 10:30. We have two monitors in our room. One for Brooks (the video monitor) and one for Briggs (a regular monitor). Sometime during the night Briggs' monitor started making weird noises and I remember trying to move it around on my night stand to get it to stop making noises. That's really all I remember. Next thing I remember is Brooks waking up screaming like something was wrong and so I went it his room
to check on him. I usually will not go in there but I thought he was hurt or something. His pacifier was on the ground so I picked it up, covered him up and left the room. I heard Briggs so I grabbed him while I was on that side of the house. I walked into my room to lay him on the bed while I made is bottle and looked at the clock. It was 5:30 AM and Briggs' monitor was turned off!!!! I felt
awful... I don't remember turning it off but I guess I did. I know that it did not kill him but who knows how long he was crying for. On a normal night (when I am not a complete retard) Briggs is still waking 1-2 times to eat. I will make sure that never happens again but I guess you have to make the mistakes to learn from them. So, so sorry Briggs!!!!
5 comments:
Oh my gosh, that has happened to me twice with Kylie. It makes you feel so bad.
I totally did this with Jackson. I forgot to plug in the monitor when he was still really little and waking up a lot. Well I woke up at 6, looked at the monitor and freaked out! It didn't make me feel any better when I heard him crying upstairs. Oh well...good exercise for their lungs right?!
If that's the worse that ever happens, then you are doing good! I think it happens to all of us at some point!
I've done it too! Recently we were having really bad storms in the middle of the night and I was so afraid Brock would wake up crying b/c he was scared but he never did. The next morning I realized I had the monitor off all night and when I went to get him out of his bed he said, "I hear thunder last night. I scared." I felt terrible!!!
I have done this too! I know it makes you feel SO awful!
Post a Comment