Saturday we started potty training boot camp at our house. I can honestly tell you that potty training has not been top on my list with all of Briggs' issues. After alot of discussion, researching and reading we decided that this would be the week that we would potty train Brooks. This was not going to be a trial and error thing, we were not going back to diapers. A friend of mine recommend the 3 Day Potty Training by Lora Jensen and so I read over it last week and weekend and decided that this was going to be the route we took. Brooks was not interested in the potty at all. He could have cared less about anything that had to do with the potty so I was a little concerned. For anyone that knows me knows that once I have an idea in my head there is no turning back and this was no different.
The basic concept of this potty training method is based on reward and praise. You basically have to put the ball in your child's court and let them lead the way with some simple reminders. For example, asking your child on a very constant basis if their underwear are dry and reminding them to tell you when they have to go potty. You cannot let your child leave your side even for a second or that is for sure when they will have a accident. (I can say that is extremely true.)
The week leading up to this past Saturday I told him that big boys wear big boy underwear and that they go potty on the potty. I also told him every time I changed his diaper that pee pee and poo poo were yucky and that they go in the potty and not in his diaper/underwear. He was unsure about the whole thing but here went anyways. I printed out sticker charts to hang in the bathroom and got peanut M & M's to reward him EVERY TIME he went potty. His first time to go pee on the potty he got Buzz Light Year and for the first time he went poo he got Woody. For every consecutive time he has gone he gets to put a sticker on his chart and get a piece of candy. It has worked very well for us!! He had 4 accidents on Saturday and 2 accidents on Sundays and has not had one since then. He went to school today and Tuesday without any accidents. We also went to get his hair cut and to lunch yesterday and he told me while we were waiting for out food that he needed to go potty. We are so unbelievably proud of him and hope to continue doing well. He is still in his diapers at nap time and bedtime but has woken up from nap for the last 4 days dry so I will be getting rid of that diaper next week if he continues with that. Bed time is another story but we will be getting rid of the diaper sooner rather than later (I'm just not in a huge rush).
For anyone that needs to start potty training this is the way to go. It was very easy, not frustrating and there was never a battle!! I recommend this to everyone!!!!
Blonde Hela Filmen Sverige -720p-DAT
6 years ago
4 comments:
Congrats Brooks!!! This method sounds amazing!
So glad this worked so great for yall too! What an awesome program. I am so much like you, when I get something in my head, I make it happen. Once I decided to potty train, I became obsessive about it and was bound and determined to get started and succeed. I am really tempted to do diapers at night and nap, but I am going to just keep washing sheets until she gets it and be all done at once. Good job Katie and Brooks!!
Sounds like a great method- wish I would have tried this at first!! Hope it continues to go well!
Congrats! That is a HUGE milestone!!!
Post a Comment