Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

Frankie and I decided that we were going to take Brooks to his very first Ranger game. We invited Levi, Kim and Noah to join us. We got online and bought the $7.00 grand stand tickets since I knew that we would probably not be spending a whole lot of time in the actual seat and boy was I right. When we finally made it all the way up to our seats they were covered with crickets and when I say covered I mean it. They were everywhere and jumping on everyone. Frankie had one on his back at one point. Brooks wanted no part of this and I did not blame him!! We decided to head back down towards the outfield where there were benches with umbrellas that if you got lucky you could sit the entire game, eat dinner and watch the game from there. I forgot to mention that we went on Wednesday night and that it is $1.00 hot dog night too. So needless to say there were no "open" tables. But me being me I decided I would ask this nice gentleman who seemed to be by himself if we could share his table and he kindly agreed. It was just him and his son and his son was off playing games so we sat down and enjoyed the majority of the game from right there. We were so thankful to find and table and I would sit right there any other time we went. The boys could run around and play and we were able to sit there watch them and the game. Brooks had a great time and I am glad we decided to take him to the game!!

Brooks looking at the stadium
In awe...




No comments: