Monday, June 22, 2009

Update on Frankie

Frankie is finally home and doing a little better. His spleen has stopped bleeding and he can tolerate the pain on oral pain medication. We both think that the medicine takes the edge off enough for him to be able to manage without the IV medication. He is still in alot of pain and dealing with nausea and shortness of breath but I think being at home will hopefully help him recover more quickly. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers over the next several weeks. The surgeon said that he has a long recovery and is so amazed that a fall playing softball could cause this type and severity of an injury. He also said that he will be out of commission for several days to weeks as far lifting anything and really doing a whole more than going to work (maybe) and recovering.

So once again to make a long story short, we are going to have to rely on our family and close to help up around the house. He cannot mow, help clean, help with Brooks or really do a whole lot of anything. As I am sure the majority of you know I am almost 32 weeks pregnant and become more and more uncomfortable as the days go by. We are still in the process of getting both of the boys' rooms together and much more work is needed that is going to hopefully get done over the next 8 weeks.

We already have many thanks to give...
1) Our parents for stepping up and helping with Brooks so I could be at the hospital as much as possible.
2) Scott, Lauren and Levi for helping the night we went to the hospital
3) All the friends and family that have come to visit us in the hospital and of course all the great phone calls that he has received sending our their thoughts and prayers.
4) The softball team and their wives for starting to make dinners for us over the next couple of evenings. This is awesome since I am going to basically be a single, pregnant parent over the next week or so!!

Thank you to everyone and will keep you all posted as he hopefully makes a full recovery!!

4 comments:

Lisa and Ryan said...

This is so crazy- I can't believe that happened. You are all in my prayers and I hope he gets up and feeling better soon. So, did they have to remove his spleen?

Joshjohnnaben said...

Glad he is doing better! We will lift you up! Pray for a fast healing! xoox

Jennifer said...

I am so sorry to hear about Frankie. I hope he continues to get better quickly and that you can manage things. We will pray for yall.

the tatsaks said...

Man I am so sorry to hear about Frankie! That is awful. I will definitely have your whole family in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully he will have a speedy recovery!