Sunday, June 21, 2009

Where to Start...

First off, Happy Father's Day to all you fathers and especially Frankie. We have had one bummer of a weekend. Like I have said before, Frankie plays (or played) on a softball team with Levi and some of his friends from church and they had a game Friday night at 8:45. Brooks and I did not go because that is way past his bedtime. I got a phone call from Frankie right at 9:45 telling me that he had hurt himself and that he was on his way home to have me look at him and decide if he needed to go to the hospital. I could tell by his voice that he was really hurting but I just figured he hurt his ribs and that he was going to need time to heal. By the time he got home, he was sweating everywhere, pale as a ghost and could not catch his breath. Brooks was obviously already in bed so we called around and got our neighbors to come over until Levi could get here. Thank you so much to Scott, Lauren and Levi!! He got to Baylor Grapevine and we for sure thought his ribs were broken and possibly a bruised lung. After several hours and many tests and exams we got probably the most random and crazy results. He had a spleenic contusion that was bleeding into his abdomen and he was going to be admitted for observation and further decision about surgery to remove the spleen.


Your spleen is a necessary organ that you CAN live without (not sure how that really works but that is what they said) So to make a really long past two days short, Frankie is still in the hospital trying to figure out how to manage his pain at home. He said this is the worst pain that he has ever felt and he has broken several bones, needed stitches in many places, and had knee surgery for a torn ACL. During the nighttime his oxygen saturation levels have been going down and he has been on oxygen during the night. I am headed back to the hospital for the night in hopes to get home Monday morning!! Will keep everyone posted on his recovery.

1 comment:

Paige said...

Oh my! That is one crazy story. Yall will be in my prayers.