On Sunday, January 17, we took Brooks to Acute Kids Urgent Care for what I thought for sure was strep throat. He had been running a fever since Saturday and just not acting himself. He was not eating well (very common for him when he is sick), very clingy and blisters all down his throat. I was very concerned since I know how painful strep can be and so we got to the doctor as soon as it opened. I am so glad we did that because the waiting room was full by the time we left. Needless to say I was completely wrong... He had hand, foot, mouth or what appeared to be that. There is no treatment for it so he sent us on out way. Thankfully he never got any blisters on his hands, feet or around his mouth!! After 3 days all the blisters were healed. He had been feeling better since Monday though. Thank goodness it was a short lived virus!! I guess that is another random illness that I can put down in his baby book. The MDO teachers swear no one else had it but where else would it have come from. He really has not been anywhere else...
No comments:
Post a Comment