Starting January 2, Brooks has not his pacifier during the day at all. This was a long time coming and I think more difficult on mommy and daddy than Brooks. I decided one morning that I would make it a game. Whenever he wakes up he has to put them in his nightstand and he can only have them when he going to sleep. Every morning he hands them to us or he will sometimes do it himself. I love him even more without a paci hanging out of his mouth straight time. He only asks for it occasionally and he knows that after bath every night he can have them. I say "them" because he has to have 2, one for his mouth and one for his hand. We don't even take them in the car because mommy and daddy would be the weak ones and he would end up with them before we knew it. I guess the next step is to get rid of them at bedtime... that will be a ways down the road. Just know that you will no longer see sweet Brooks with a pacifier in his mouth unless you happen to be around during bed times. Way to go Brooks!!! You did an awesome job!! Potty training is next on out agenda!! Wish us luck!!
2 comments:
Good job!! We started with no pacie during the days and then did the night time thing a few months later. Addyson was SUPER obsessed with pacie at bedtime and I was surprised at how easily she gave it up (once we did the pacie fairy thing and the new swingset, etc). She understood what we were saying, so that helped, but maybe nights won't be as hard as you think. I think taking it away cold turkey is impossible, but bribes work good around here!!
Good Job Brooks! Kinsley loves showers too! It is nice to sometimes because I can get us both clean at once!
Post a Comment