Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Briggs ~ 7 Month Olds

Briggs turned seven months a couple of weeks ago during the worst stomach bug that this family has endured. He was sick for 8 days, throwing up and having diarrhea. We actually took him to the ER on Sunday afternoon per our pediatrician's request. She was concerned that maybe he had an electrolyte imbalance and possibly needed to get fluids for a few hours and even get his Prevacid IV since he had such bad reflux. Needless to say they saw him, said he wasn't dehydrated, gave us Zofran and sent us on our way. I was little frustrated since our pediatrician called ahead and voiced her concerns and they still did not do a whole lot for us. The Zofran did help and he stopped throwing up as much and we were able to get him better within about 3 days. Sorry for all that but thought I better write about it somewhere or else I will forget.

Shortly there after he was better he began eating PERFECTLY. I have already knocked on wood several times before posting this because I DON'T ever want to go back to what he was like before. He is enjoying eating, gets mad when it's been 3 hours and wants to eat, gets mad when the bottle is all gone and wants more and is loving eating his food. I have only done plain rice cereal for 2 weeks and we are a little more than half way through with sweet potatoes. We are eating food for 2 weeks at time to try and rule out any sort of allergies.

I am not sure how much he weighs since we don't go to the doctor this month but I am sure that the stomach bug set us back a little. I am going to take him at 8 months for a weight check just for my peace of mind and knowledge. He is still not seating well by himself but he can get anywhere he wants to by pulling himself on the ground. He is constantly up on all fours rocking and ready to go but just won't take that first "step". I am hopeful that he will start sitting soon since he should have been doing for some time now.

I think that is all for now and please keep us in your prayers that we continue to eat well!! We love having a ''normal" eating child.


These pictures were taken a couple days late so that is why he is in fleece. They were taken on that last cold snap.

No comments: