Thursday, August 12, 2010

Talented Artist

I decided, after reading MckMama's blog, that I wanted to let Brooks make paintings for his room. He has a really long wall with nothing on it and we have been debating what to put on it. Everything I came up with was very expensive so this is our alternative. I waited for the canvases to be on sale at Hobby Lobby, bought paint and brushes and headed home to start the project. We could only work on it while Briggs was sleeping for obvious reasons so I knew this was going to take a couple days. We also had to wait for each color to dry so they did not mix together. I painted all the edges brown and let that be his base coat. After each color dried we would do another color. He had a lot of fun and so did I. I literally let him do what ever he wanted to do with each color. This was really hard for me seeing as how I had an image of what I wanted each one to look like but I let it go... Imagine that!!! I am super please with the way they turned out and it was great for Brooks and I to do something together.

Setting up for the art project
Excited!!
Painting...
and more painting
He decided it would be more fun to paint himself
It's everywhere

Hung on his wall in his room

No comments: