Thursday, September 2, 2010

Meet the Teacher

Tonight was Meet the Teacher night at Brooks' MDO. I was not a nervous this year as I was last year but I did have butterflies. I always want the best for Brooks and having good teachers means having a good school year. It also means less crying when I drop him off and asking to go to school when he is not at school. Last year his teachers were great. They were exactly what we need with him and his first year at "school". They catered to him and me. He was allowed to have his paci in the morning and they were always there to take him from me. They were our age and had children our children's age. It was exactly what I wanted. This year his teachers seem to be a little older and that is not a bad thing. They have been teaching this class together for 4 years now and seem to have it all together. They have a daily schedule in the class room with different pictures to help them learn their schedule. I also saw a monthly calendar to help them the learn how to tell the day and date. I am super excited to see how much he learns this year at school. I am definitely not saying that he did not learn alot last year but he learned more of how to act in a school environment than "schooly" things. More on his first day to come...

No comments: