Today we went to Cook Children's for our pre=operative assessment for Brooks' surgery. I had to take Briggs with me and it was at both of their nap times but both the boys were terrific. They took all his vital signs, listen to his heart and lungs and I answered a bazillion questions. We also meet an Anesthesiologist and she answered my questions about whether he would be intubated (a breathing tube) and explained a caudal block. Yes, he will be intubated and a caudal block is very similar to a spinal or epidural that women receive when they have babies. The main difference is that it is not as strong and he can still feel but just not a well. The surgery will last approximately an hour and half and they will update us when Dr. Kaye begins and if there are an complications or questions about viability about a testicle and when they are finished. A week from today our sweet baby boy will be having surgery. Say a prayer it all goes well and I will update after the surgery!!
No comments:
Post a Comment