Tuesday, September 14, 2010

There's a Green Elephant in the Backyard

Last night after Brooks went to bed, he woke up screaming my name because he needed to go pee. This was not unusual for him so I went in there to get him and he kept asking me about an elephant. I was not sure what exactly he was talking about because we don't have a any sort of elephant around here. But I was sure that is what he was saying so I inquired further... He said that he did not the elephant to sleep with me??? I was completely confused but tucked him back into bed and back to bed myself. This morning I told Frankie about it and of course he asked Brooks about the elephant. Brooks proceeded to have me carry him the backyard to make sure that the elephant was not in the backyard. I assured his that there was no elephant but he had to see for himself. After asking more this is the story we got, "There was a green elephant that was in his room and kept waking him up. He told the elephant to leave and he came to my room. Brooks did not want the elephant in there so the elephant ended up in the backyard. Also, the elephant was green." Brooks did not seem scared but he definitely was concerned and made us reassure him that there was no green elephant anywhere at the May house. Love the mind and thoughts of a 3 year old!!

No comments: