Tuesday, August 26, 2008

1 year old doctor's visit



Yesterday we went to the doctor for Brooks' check-up. He weighs 20 pounds 15 ounces and is 30.75 inches long. He is in the 25% for weight and the 75% for height. As all of you know, he has a huge head which is in the 85%. His pedi is not concerned with his weight but did tell me that I could carnation instant breakfest to his milk to help him gain so weight. He got 2 shots yesterday because I am waiting until 15 months to give him MMR and Varicella (chickenpox) vaccines. I know I being a little crazy about this but ever since he came out a boy I am most concerned with autism. I thought that if I could minimize in any way his risk factors than I was willing to do it. Here is a little update on Brooks:

Weight: 20 lbs 15 oz
Height: 30.75 inches
Head circumference: 19
Teeth: 2 bottom, 4 top
Walking hold onto furniture
Taking a few steps without help
Words: Dada, Dog and many other words that I cannot make out right now
Pointing and saying "dat"
Loves walking behind his push toys, talking on the phone and being outside

I will post some pictures from his doctor's appointment soon...

No comments: