We went to church this evening and for the first time we dropped Brooks off at his class. This is the first time that he has been left with someone other than family. Frankie and I were very nervous about doing this and for a short time considered not going because we did not want to leave him alone. At Fellowship they have two other options instead of "Sunday School". You can use the family room in the back of the service or go upstairs to a decent sized room and watch from a TV. After some discussion, we decided that this would be a good break for us and good chance to get some interaction with other children his age. When we dropped him he went to the teacher without crying and we did not stay around to let him realize that he was someone that he did not know. They give you a sticker to put on the back of your child and one for you wear and that is how they identify you to your child. During the service, there two different monitors that are in the upper corners of the room and they will flash your child's name on the screen if they need your help. I felt very good after talking with the nursery people. They let us know that will not let him cry longer than 10 minutes with two different one-on-one opportunities before getting us from church. We were so nervous and I think that Frankie and I only heard about 1/2 of the sermon, which is about 1/2 more than we would have enjoyed if we had gone to the family room with Brooks. When we picked Brooks up, he was playing in this ball center throwing balls and having a wonderful time. When we called his name he came crawling with such excitement. I am so glad that we did this and look forward to many more church services to come!! We all needed and enjoyed our time!!!!
We went to dinner afterwards at Fuddruckers and Brooks was great. He is now drinking the rice milk very well and we are again enjoying life. It was bedtime when we got home and while I was changing his clothes and diaper I realized that his teachers had left us a little note. On his diaper they wrote "Jesus Loves Brooks". The "loves" was actually drawn as a heart. We have had a wonderful weekend so far and are looking forward to going swimming at my parent's house tomorrow!!
No comments:
Post a Comment