
We had Brooks' birthday party Saturady, August 16th. We had a pretty rough start to the day with the news of my grandmother (Gramma) passing away that morning at 5:30. We love you and will miss you but look forward to the day that we can see you again. I was so busy that I really did not have a lot of time to let it sink in. On to the happier part of the day... The birthday party was perfect. We could not have asked for a more perfect day to celebrate his birthday. We have so many friends that love and care for our family that it almost feels like one huge family. Of course our family is great also but that is something that is already known. I was a little stressed about how many people would be in out small house but I think that it made people talk and mingle more than if we had a huge house. Brooks' was not real sure what to do with the cake but we at least got him to taste the icing. He was an angel that the entire day. He helped open present until we got to Ruff and Hannah's gift and then that is all he wanted to do. They definitely win the prize for most loved toy. We had 9 children at the party, 10 including Brooks and they were pretty well behaved or at least I think so, their parents may think otherwise. Thank you all so much for celebrating Brooks' birthday with us.
As you can see the theme was monkeys after my little monkey, Brooks!!
3 comments:
Looks like it was a great party Katie! Now you can breathe and not worry about another birthday party for about a year. I felt the same way about my small house, so I know what you mean.
I love that idea!!! Where did you find the monkeys? Do some of them have pink on them? Soo cute..also, you never told me the place with the giant cupcake!
The pictures turned out cute. You must of had a great photographer. I'm so glad we got to come I think Emilee really had a good time. Miss you guys already.
Post a Comment