Sunday, August 23, 2009

Big Brother

I cannot say enough about how well Brooks has taken to this new addition. He is doing wonderful!! He loves his little brother and is very concerned about him alot of the day. I can say that he has become more clingy to Frankie but I that is expected since I am pretty much always holding Briggs. But all in all he is doing terrific. I know this is only the first week and we have many more to come but this part has definitely been the easiest.
Our family of FOUR!! (Sorry you cannot see Briggs)
Brooks seeing him for the first time
Not really sure...
Holding his arm
All three boys. Brooks really enjoys holding him!!
Kisses from the big brother
On the opposite side, having another child to care for is more taxing on me and Frankie than I really thought it would be. Not to say that I wasn't expecting more work just that I don't think that my body and brain were ready for all this. I love it and would not change it for the world...it's just ALOT of work!!

5 comments:

Paige said...

Girl, it is SOOO much work. You will probably be stuck at home indefinitely like I am. Taking two kids out never sounds appealing unless it is just over to my parent's house or something easy like that. Good luck and I am so glad to hear Brooks is handling it so well, Blake still isn't and Kylie is three months. Damn, that sucks. I'm thinking by the time Kylie is six months she will be doing better. Congratulations yall are too cute!

the tatsaks said...

Hang in there! It gets so much easier. Especially when they start to play together. Now it is almost easier with both of them than just one since they entertain each other!

Ashley said...

Girl...I know the feeling!!! And with twins...it has definitely been an adjustment. Like your friend Paige said, going anywhere is just more work than it's worth. Things get easier everyday, though. Good luck and congrats!!

Jennifer said...

Looks like yall are doing great...it definitely gets easier. You are right about it being a lot of work but well worth it.

Hicks House said...

I am so glad that Brooks' transition from only child to big brother has gone so smoothly! :) What an adorable family of 4!