Monday, August 31, 2009

Check-Ups

Today we had Brooks' 2 year appointment and Briggs' 2 week appointment. I thought that I better not be super mom and asked Barb, Frankie's mom, to meet me at their appointment. I am glad I did because both children were stuck (Brooks got his flu shot and Briggs had his second PKU). I have to say thank you very quickly to Paige for recommending both our pediatrician and my OB/Gyn. I did not start out with this pediatrician when Brooks was born but was pretty unhappy with her. I needed a little help finding one around here and she gave me the name of hers. I actually was not able to get into Paige's but was able to start seeing Dr. Hunt. I love her and her nurse. They are both so awesome and could not be any happier with the two of them taking care of my sweet little boys. Secondly, as most of you already know the story of my last OB, I was extremely not happy with him and she was also able to give me the name of hers. I love him too. Both doctors have really taken care of me and our family. Thank you again Paige!!

Brooks is doing great. He is finally starting to fill out with his weight in 60% and his height and head in 90%. He looks great and is hitting all of his milestones for his age. Our pediatrician wants him to see an allergist for his milk issues so I guess that will be the next appointment that I have to take two children to. He received his flu shot today and was not very happy that one. He will still cry if you ask him about his owie. All in all, he did great. He even gave Lora, the nurse, a high five for the very first time.

Briggs is also doing well. He gain a WHOLE pound in a little over a week. I guess he is eating well!! Everything checked out on him as well and we will not be going back until his 2 month check-up.

Our family is doing good adjusting to being a family of four. This has definitely not been an easy transition but we are all doing our best. I can honestly say we feel complete and have no plans adding to our family.

2 comments:

Paige said...

Yay! I have heard so many good things about lots of the doctors at Soutlake Family Medicine, I wish you could have gotten into Erica, she is so cool! But it sounds like Dr. Hunt is great. I didn't know you were going to either of the doctors. I am so glad you took my recommendation. Dr. Z is really sweet, I have really enjoyed him through both pregnancies.

Ashley said...

Im so glad yall are adjusting well! I know what you mean about not trying to be Super Mom. I too had my mom come with me when all 3 had to see the doctor. Can you imagine what it would be like to add another infant to your mix? It's been a serious adjustment, but after 4 1/2 months, I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of it. I don't think I'll EVER be able to take all 3 somewhere with me by myself though!