Friday, August 14, 2009

Brooks' 2nd Birthday Party

This past weekend we had Brooks' 2nd birthday party. It was a little early because we were scared that I would end up in the hospital delivering Briggs as it got closer to his actual birthday. We had a dump truck themed party and it turned out great!! We were trying to keep it more simple this year but I think I got a little out of control... again. It is so easy to have a plan n mind and then you start thinking of other things to do and before you know it you are overwhelmed with a birthday party for a 2 year old. But all in all, things turned out great and I was very pleased with everything. We were even actually able to sit outside to eat, let the kids play and open presents. As always, Brooks got way more than you can imagine but we are so thankful for all the great friends that we have. Needless to say Brooks is a little spoiled.
His dirt pudding cake in the back of his dump truck.
Anderson and Braylon
Jason and Reed
This was before the party when my dad was suppose to be helping... He decided to take a little nap. Brooks was helping with all the construction rubber ducks. He thought my dad should be awake and putting them where they go... Too funny!!
Playing with Mayson in his new sandbox. This was his gift from my parents. I am not huge fan of sand so it had to stay at their house. Plus they have a huge shaded backyard. Thank you guys!!
Hanging out before the party started
Brooks and Noah playing the sandbox
Noah, Braylon and Reed
He got really upset when we sang Happy Birthday to him. I am not sure why but he was not happy about that but once we were done he was fine.
Eating his birthday cupcake
Opening presents... he got too many. Thank you all so much!!
Wearing his helmet that Frankie's parents got him for his scooter.
Riding his scooter with his helmet.

I do have more pictures to post but I have to wait to get them from Frankie's mom. It may be a little while because Briggs will be coming this Monday if not sooner. Yeah!!

1 comment:

Lisa and Ryan said...

Looks like fun! Good luck with everything on Monday- can't wait to see pics of Briggs!