Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What a week...

Last week was so busy but a wonderful one also. Frankie was off all week so we had lots planned.

Monday, Brooks had his pedi appointment with the new the pediatrician and we loved her. Hopefully things will stay this way. He got his first round of the Flu shot and he will receive his second at 15 month appointment. Frankie went with us and he had to hide his eyes while I held Brooks down for his shot. What a great role model Brooks has to learn how to be a man and be tough!!!! That evening Frankie helped me get started in cleaning. I hate cleaning and it always helps when you have help. Thanks Frankie!!!

Tuesday, we hung around the house during the day and went to dinner with Brad, Tayla and Dylan. This was our first time to actually meet Dylan and she was so tiny. I did not actually get to hold her but just from looking at her, I can tell that she is so little. She only weighs 7 lbs but she has grown alot since she was first born. They are all doing well and trying to sleep when possible.

Wednesday was my birthday so Frankie let me sleep in and he got up with Brooks. That is such a treat for me!! When I got up, Brooks and him had my present and card waiting for me. Brooks actually signed it himself. He is getting so big so fast. After Brooks' nap we went to Southlake to run a few errands and then home to eat dinner with Levi, Kim and Noah.

Thursday, I had a haircut appointment at 12:00 and Brooks got his hair trimmed too. I will post pictures later. He was so good for the lady and she actually used the razor too. After that went to his parents' house to try and get Brooks to take a nap but he wanted no part of that. He has gotten to where he will not take a nap unless he is at home. I don't know how to fix that problem. Matthew had ACL surgery for the 15th time I think, and so we went to see him in Arlington. With Brooks not having a nap all day long, I was not sure how he was going to act. Surprisingly he was great. He played outside while Matt and Frankie sat outside and talked. His only nap for the day was from 5:00-6:00 on our drive home and then it was early to bed for him.

Friday morning we were busy getting ready to go out of town for the weekend. We were going to Lubbock for Jason Afkhami's wedding. We were leaving Brooks here at home with his mom Friday night and my parents Saturday. We had a lot to got ready but not as much as we could have if we were having to take Brooks to their houses. Thank you guys so much for coming here. It made it so much easier. We were out the door by 11:45 am in just enough time to not have to tell Brooks bye. We told him before he went down for his nap. This is the first time that we were going to be away from him for a whole weekend.

1 comment:

the tatsaks said...

Man that is a busy week. It is so nice to have Andrew home during the week. Hope you had a great birthday and fun weekend with no baby!